Manga Editing



It's interesting, because until this post I didn't noticed that I'm a very normal person. In my life I've learned normal things, like play guitar, riding a bicycle, paint in oil, play chess, did computer maintenance, and other things that are very common. In the other hand are things that are interesting and I've learned, but little by little I've forgotten. Like play Go, play pan flute or Aikido.

Well, one thing that I haven't forgotten and is a little different, is that this post will be about. In one moment of my life I was so grateful to the people that translate manga to Spanish, because I really like read manga (Japanese comic's), for me is like read books. Well, for this and to help those people which translate, I learned to edit manga.


How I do this? First, in the page, I have to clean/take off the words and onomatopoeias in other languages (Japanese, Korean, English), control the levels of black and white, and to rebuild the drawing if is necessary. All of this job is commonly called "cleaning". Second, I have to choose the right fonts, with these fonts put the spanish translation in the clean manga page. This jobs is called "typesetting". This entire job (cleaning+typesetting) is edit manga. Other people translate the words that I use, from English to Spanish or Japanese to Spanish, Chinese to Spanish... I think publishers do this same process.

A page of one of my editings.

Manga editing could be considered an illegal act, since ignores copyright, but the editings are on the internet for free, and I don't receive money from this. I do this for love of art (?), and because there aren't licensed mangas in my country. And getting a physical copy of a manga is very difficult. Not to mention that publishers don't translate most of the manga into Spanish.
I use as a tool Photoshop. Is a really complicated to do this, it takes too many time, but I feel good with myself. I feel that I have contributed in something. However, I haven't edited for a while, because I think I have already made my contribution and because I don't have much free time.

If I think about it to how this contributed to my knowledge, I must say that I learned how to use photoshop very very well. And I learned a little English and Japanese in the process.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is my autobiography.

English Language Challenges

A very new sensing measurements. (From nano world).