A very new sensing measurements. (From nano world).

In the picture, using SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope). Cobalt stannate (CTO) and Carbon Nanotubes (CNT).

Hi everyone. This time is the turn to talk about an interesting topic: Nano and Micro world. The first thing it comes in my mind about this is "microbiology", since I had the subject of Microbiology in the university, even I had the subject of Hystology. But, I want to talk about something different, more related to my major.

In the last semester, I was internalized in one of the researches of one teacher of my facultity, Soledad Bollo, about nanotubes composites. Her research is focused in develop these nanotubes with the future objetive of detection of hydrogen peroxide. The H2O2 in the human body may indicate the presence of certain diseases, so, it's important to find an appropriate method to detect it. Nowadays, there are many detection methods but they are not much effective. Like the enzime method, but this method suffer of instability and have a major production problem. Is because of this that the ezyme-less detection and electrochemical detection of H2O2 are the more researched methods. Is in this case that the teacher found very well results using nanotubes composites, made of Carbon and Cobalt stannate. The signal that this method gives is very high. the publication of the research has been this year, so it's very novel. Also is interesting because in her research they used many techniques, some of wich, I'm already studing, like voltammograms, in Analitic Chemistry. So, it's very cool know that the methods an techniques that I learn in the university are used to develop other more advanced techniques. Also, this technique of sensing will be used in other industries, like chemical, food, manufacturing, environment, and textile industries. Too many posibilities. The bad news are, that is too new, and it lacks full development (Is in research stage). But, I desided talk abot this because I read the paper about this, I had a presentation about it, and I had an conversation with the resaeacher, the teacher Bollo, about this, and I think is important to highlight the new researches.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is my autobiography.

English Language Challenges