A very useful website



I want to talk about a website that did help me in so many ways this semester (and also previous semester) in many subjects that I have in university. I speak of Spectral Database for Organic Compounds (SDBS). This website is in english but is a japanese website from the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan. In internet is really hard to find material about spectroscopy or rather spectra of the various organic compounds. Even popular chemical websites like PubChem, ChemSpider, or similar don't have as many spectra as this site. Even SDBS has the analysis of its spectra, which makes it much easier to understand them. Its form to look for spectra is not only with the name of the molecule, but also with its chemical formula or other items.
Analysis of the H-NMR spectrum of acetanilide.

I visit this site very often (every week) due to the Organic Chemistry Laboratory and also for Organic itself. It's far the best spectra site I've seen, and always has a place in my bibliography. I usually study from books, other years material, or explanatory youtube videos. So I can say that this is the site related to my career that I have visited most, at least this semester.

This is the link to visit it: https://sdbs.db.aist.go.jp/sdbs/cgi-bin/ENTRANCE.cgi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is my autobiography.

English Language Challenges

A very new sensing measurements. (From nano world).